Sunday, August 30, 2009

GOODBYE MESSAGE FROM ME TO ALL OF YOU!!!!





I just want to thank everyone for , allowing me the oppurtunity, within these last (short) 5 weeks, to befriend and trust every single one of you;

Charles, for being such a great friend in such a short period of time...I am gonna miss you dude, good luck in Okinawa! Good times we had dude...
Angie, with your smile and care for everyone (especially me:-), I grew to love you more and more everyday (although it was hard, because of the fighting throughout the trip)!...

Dennis, for being like an older brother to Charles and I, and for being such a selfless dude...love you too dude!
(TO THE TRIPOD; MONEY WAS NEVER AN ISSUE BETWEEN US)
Katrina, for being our rock, friend, and translator; you're beautiful girl!...Love you girl!
Chris, for being the 35 year old man trapped in a 20 year old kids body...
Xuan (Sorry if i mispelled it), for being our den mother and our emotional support...
Amanda, for ALWAYS smiling and being a great friend and person...NEVER CHANGE...
Albert, who was an anchor to all of the little groups we formed throughout this trip...
Jan, for being our professional photographer and one of the most genuinely honest people I've ever met...
Jeanie, for being someone who always was there for me...
Tom, for being the dude who was missing all of the time (you are a great dude!)...
Sharon, for ALWAYS SMILING and keeping me in a good mood all of the time we were around...
Julian, for being the ECONOMIST (we will smoke one day!)...
AND Johnny, for trusting me with stories that touched my heart, you grew a lot throughout this trip, and I am proud of you...

I also want to thank Dr. Biggs, Co Hom Ang (SORRY IF I MISPELLED IT!!!) and your beautiful children (don't want to attempt to spell their names, because i will butcher them)...I appreciate you letting us in your family for the 5 weeks we were here, if there were more people like you guys in the world it would surely be a better place...

As for me, introspection and retrospection await me in Malaysia, Bangladesh, and the Philippines...


This trip had a profound influence on this surfer/gamer guy from Southern California...All of you have a special place in my heart. The experiences we shared are ones that will be with my forever...

until we meet again,
SONNY HASSAN

1 comment:

  1. Sonny, the whole time I was hanging out with Amanda, Albert, and Tam... I kept telling myself (and everyone else) that Sonny should be here. That night we went to a nice quiet cafe with live karaoke music, and Amanda summed up the courage to play Sea of Love and Karma Police with a guitar she borrowed. Next time we're in Vietnam, we'll go to Rosy's Cafe and play on stage.

    ReplyDelete