Monday, August 10, 2009

Confessions of a Hotel Guest

Here at Thanh Noi Hotel, the housekeeping staff are the most kindest staff ever. Every morning they welcome us with a good morning, clean out our rooms while we're at school, and assist us with anything we need to make us feel right at home. But sadly, I have a confession to make. While we're at school, they leave us a fruit to eat every day along with our morning breakfast ticket. The first couple of days I did not bother to eat the fruits because I thought I had to pay for them. I was wrong. Then one day while I was in my room, a housekeeping staff asked me why I did not eat or touch any of the fruits. I did not want to tell her that I thought I had to pay for them so I lied. I said that the fruits were too sweet. I know I should not have lied but I did not know what else to do. Then she said she'll give me fruits that are not as sweet. In my head I thought to myself, "okay I really have to eat the fruits."

You're probably thinking that was my confession right? Sadly, no. My confession is that I hide the fruits in my drawer everyday so I would not disappoint the staff. I can eat the fruits but I do not crave for it in the morning and when the afternoon comes around I forget all about it until the next day when I stash away another tropical and not as sweet fruit.

3 comments:

  1. That is one messed up situation...

    ReplyDelete
  2. so now you only get sour fruit? too bad! just ask them NOT to bring fruit. maybe you can ask for it when you want it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I am learning to eat my fruits everyday. Don't worry, I do not let anything go to waste!

    ReplyDelete