Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Until Next Time

I've said a few words outside airport gates and beside taxi doors in Hue and in Saigon. I've sent some messages through email and facebook to people in Asia and America. Now, I want to leave one unified message to all the people I met this summer.

You all mean more to me than words could express. I will cherish my experiences this past summer for all my life. I've never felt such pain in a goodbye. I wasn't prepared to be hit by the numbing realization of seeing it all come to an end as I sat on an airport bench in Saigon. I wouldn't give up any of these feelings, though, because it was the price of having so much fun with everyone for 5 great weeks. I don't have any regrets. I'd pay the price a hundred times over to relive one minute of our time together.

Some of you, I'll see around campus. Others, I might see again on a return trip to Vietnam. For everyone else, through effort of our own or happy circumstance, I'm sure we'll meet up again somewhere down the road. I look forward to the day we can again say hello and goodbye. Until then...you know how to find me online or leave a comment if you really don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment